DoFollow blog commenting is always a lucrative way to build backlinks for your site. Provided you are a good analyzer, a thoughtful person, a real commenter and have lot of enthusiasm – blog commenting is real fun and profitable.
But it is not in everyone’s forte.
To be a good blog commenter you need to ensure the followings:
1. Abide by the commenting rules applicable for a blog or instructed by blog owner
2. Have a definite reason to comment, not just to earn a dofollow link. Comment only if the topic interest you. Else don’t.
3. Always be with the blog topic being discussed. Put your original comments, not copied from others. Try to comment on blogs that are in same vertical as your website/blog is. It makes sense and shows you are doing it most naturally.
4. Don’t divert other participants to a different topic. It is good for forum commenting but for a blog it is No No.
5. Using anchor text is fine but don’t do it unruly. Write your real name and then add “@” or “FROM” in between keyword and your name.Thus the comment text will look more realistic and the moderator will treat you as an authority commenter.
6. Never create a bad impression to the blog owner. It hampers relationships and black out your further opportunities to participate for commenting. You may be blocked as a spammer forever.
7. Help blog owner and other commenters continue a conversation. You may stick to a particular post for few days and re-comment on other’s replies. for this you need to subscribe the follow up comments.Thus you will earn credibility, popularity and authority. Who knows from next time your comments might get approved directly – without moderation. Means you get an instant backlink.
8. Avoid using anchor texts in body part of the comments unless it is allowed. Use HTML tags mentioned in the comment section. Not all tags are allowed. So be specific and in order.
9. Commenting on a blog shows your character. Never write out of the box stuffs or too complicated stuffs that others can’t understand.
10. Provide relevant resources to justify your comments. Don’t argue like a foolish if you don’t have concrete examples.
11. Don’t write another blog as your share of comment space. Large comments are not be acceptable by blog owners in general. It consumes much space and viewers will lose interest reading through it.
12. Have handful resource of do-follow blogs. Take out time to do research and build your own list of favorites.
If you don’t have a ready-made list of do-follow blogs ( on Web & Technology), here is the resource for you:
Check these and let me know how do you feel about commenting. Make sure you are doing it out of your natural instinct not just to build links. Let it be a natural process and in the end you will discover yourself as an expert commenter.